2.3
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

This company uses grimey tactics to steal money from their customers in hopes we will not catch them, and many probably don't. I manually renewed my subscription at a discounted rate of $29.99.

Two days later they "auto renewed my account for $59.99. Why twice the price? Why is a freaking computer tech company unable to see that I had already renewed? They DO know I had already renewed.

This probably makes the company hundreds of thousands of dollars off people who don't closely watch their checking accounts. This isn't the first time this has happened, either. a few months ago I was prompted to renew but had lost track of how long I had the service prior to the prompt to renew. I "renewed" about 6 months early because they told me to, they took the money and never said a word.

Luckily I figured it out and had to demand my money back as I've just done again, tonight.

Garbage, trashy company. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bitdefender Antivirus.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Tactics to steal from customers.

Comments

h.kitchener

The first clue that a company is scamming you is, in fine print the "automatic renewal" blurb somewhere on their website. This is a very common way of scamming those who fail to actually read what they are signing up for and/or fail to notice the charge when it hits their credit or debit card account.

By the way, there is no need to pay for anti virus, etal. programs. There are many free ones out there.

Do some research----but don't use Google as a search engine. Time to use alternate ones like Duckduckgo or Ixquick.